Two days

I managed to visit the project again. It had been ‘a while’. I’ve put a final layer of carbon on the rudderblade. The laminate is now a little thicker than designed but the total weight of the rudder is still very low for its size. Next steps are fairing and aligning/fitting the stainless steel bearing sleeves (scary).

Also managed to laminate a tiller and put some hardware on the boom.

And last but not least I did a first test with the second hand laminating machine that I bought online months ago sight unseen. The foot switch does not seem to work but I could nonetheless test the motor. It runs. Still needs a few parts and cleaning though.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *