Months ago I made a wooden core for the carbon rudder stock. I haven’t touched it since then.
The shape is quite complicated because it tries to follow the rudder blade very precisely. That’s good: the idea is to really maximise the thickness (=stiffness) of the rudder stock.
But this strange shape could also complicate laminating the unidirectional carbon fibre. At least for someone like me …
So I decided to make a new core with a very simple shape that allows the UD fibre to run completely straight from top to bottom.
I also laminated three solid (6 mm) carbon spokes that will later be glued to the finished rudder stock.
And I put a fillet around one of the two tables I made last year. White on white, hard to see.
The work on the spokes and the table was done in the livingroom and was supervised by two cats. Too bad most of the work can not be done this way …