Dinghy proof of concept

Originally my plan was to use two 8 mm bolts + nuts (near the bottom) to hold the two halves of the dinghy together. I already drilled the holes.

Bolts and nuts, however,  can only be connected/tightened if the two halves are perfectly in line. In the water that could be very difficult.

So I decided to use rope instead. The first tests are sucessfull:

I will also run an extra line under the dinghy from bow to stern to pull the two halves together. This line will put quite a lot of stress on the bow so I put some carbon on it (the black stuff on the bow and at the waterline).

 

 

 

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *