Last weekend I wanted to go sailing on the Jeanneau to profit from a couple of windy days. As I stepped on board I saw a bird escape from under the sail cover!
I took a look. It was a real mess under there and I prepared to clean it all up. As I looked a little better I saw a very active nest with 2 (very recent) newborns and 3 eggs!
I decided to postpone my sailing plans and give this nest a fighting chance instead. I hope mother (or father) returns to the nest …..
Back to finishing the dinghy. Putting Kiwgrip on the floors and seats did not take much time.
Still to do: a rub rail. I intend to use a simple PVC hose and I’m testing different glues.